Monday, May 21, 2018

And on to Holešovice

After my two weeks living out near Bílá Hora, I was able to move into a flat owned by a historian of my acquaintance, who commutes back and forth between Prague and Vienna and therefore doesn't live in the Prague flat all the time. This takes me to the northern Prague district of Holešovice, a place I was mainly familiar with through the train station there (not Prague's main train station but an important station all the same).
The flat is on the fifth floor and on the corner of the building, so it gets lots of light, which I appreciate as the hotel room was a bit dim and for that matter my house, while a very fine place in most respects, is not that well endowed with natural light.
So far I'm definitely enjoying being close enough to the center that I can easily stop at the flat in the middle of the day (although I haven't yet done so) and knowing that I can spend the whole day in the flat if for some reason I want to (which one can do in a hotel but it really disrupts their cleaning routine).
There are lots of small cafes nearby and the big tržnice (an indoor and outdoor market of small proprietors, mostly Vietnamese in this case) is a block or two away, meaning easy access to Vietnamese dining.
So, lots to like, but this morning there is construction noise right below (jackhammers and all), so I'm going to finish up my coffee and head for the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment