Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Preview of a Possible Show

I come from a large extended family--both of my parents were descended from fertile immigrants. I have quite a few first cousins, and at last count, over 300 second cousins. (Maybe it's over 400 at this point; it's a bit tedious to count them although my genealogy program does produce a handy list.) With that many second cousins, it's perhaps not that surprising, statistically speaking, that my second cousin Larry ended up marrying a Czech and retiring to the Czech Republic.
On Saturday Larry and I ventured down to the Prague suburb of Radotín, where a filmmaker of his acquaintance was previewing a rough draft of the pilot for a TV show he hopes to create. The idea was to get feedback from a small select group of Czechs and Americans as to whether we found the characters engaging, the scenes intelligible, the pacing good, etc. Neither Larry nor I had ever critiqued a project like this before, but as he is a former newspaperman and I've belonged to various writing groups and have taken both film history and photography courses, we were reasonably well qualified to participate.
So, if a downloadable TV series called Cizince (Foreigners) should ever appear on your screen, know that I offered comments at the very first preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment