Monday, March 16, 2020

Upcoming Toyen Exhibition!

Here's a bit more good news that I didn't get around to posting earlier. Back in November, when I served as discussant on a panel of papers about Toyen at the annual ASEEES conference, Anna Pravdová revealed that the National Gallery in Prague is preparing a major Toyen show for 2021 that will travel to France and Germany. Magnetic Woman will have just come out, so it should be possible to stock copies in the museum stores.

And, further exciting news... last month when I was in Chicago for the annual CAA conference, staff from the Art Institute of Chicago (which, by the way, will be closed March 14-27 for safety) told me that they had just arranged to bring the show to Chicago!

During my visit to Chicago I not only got to catch up with various friends and colleagues, but also saw the Art Institute's exhibition on Bauhaus weaving just before it closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment