Thursday, September 8, 2022

A Wonderful Launch for LOVING THE DEAD AND GONE

I had the privilege last night of attending Judith Turner-Yamamoto's book launch at the Joseph-Beth bookstore in Cincinnati. There aren't exactly a lot of book events to attend where I live, but Cincinnati isn't dreadfully far, so I jumped at the chance to attend Judith's reading and discussion there, especially as I had already read and enjoyed Loving the Dead and Gone (review yet to be written... I'm behind on writing reviews).

The Joseph-Beth bookstore is large and hosts quite a few author events (I'm doing a signing there on September 17th!). The space is welcoming and there is also an adjoining cafe that offers full meals, so I tried their portabello burger before Judith's event began.

The crowd was every debut author's dream--more friends than the store expected to seat! I'm sure it helped that Judith is a Cincinnati-based author, but it is always gratifying to see people turn out to support local authors (or authors, period!).

Loving the Dead and Gone is getting a lot of positive attention in the press and from early readers. You can get signed copies at Joseph-Beth, ask your local bookstore to order you a copy, or get the special-edition hardback direct from Regal House.

No comments:

Post a Comment