Sunday, June 19, 2022

And a Good Time Was Had in Beavercreek...

The multi-book signing Valerie Nieman, Erin Flanagan, Jess Montgomery, and I did at the Beavercreek Barnes & Noble on Saturday was actually the first author event the store has had since covid-19 hit, so staff were excited to have us and we were pretty thrilled too. It's kind of tricky setting up bookstore events these days, as there's no way to know (unless it's your local store and you go in regularly) whether the store is not yet having in-person events or whether they are already booked up for a long time into the future. Valerie and I have been finding that it tends to be one extreme or the other. So we were extra glad to have the chance to sign books in a real, and fairly busy, bookstore!

It was splendid to see some friends and colleagues come who had been out of town or otherwise unavailable for my earlier events. Naturally, I encouraged them to buy copies of each author's books!

The bookstore staff also requested that we sign all of the remaining copies at the end of the event, which we were glad to do. If you're in the greater Dayton area, by all means stop in at the Beavercreek Barnes & Noble (near Wright State) and pick up signed copies of books by all four of us! (I'm afraid my photos are all of Valerie's and my area, but I'm hoping to get some of Erin and Jess's space from them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment