Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Magnetic Woman Delayed

At Christmas time, friends and family reported that Magnetic Woman was unavailable from the publisher and Bookshop.org, and that Amazon had only five copies left. What was happening? Was the book already a massive success?

Alas, the answer proved much less pleasant. Two of my author copies arrived--not sure where the other ten mentioned on the shipping paperwork have gone--and within moments I had discovered that the index ended at Freud. More minutes, and I found that the color plates were in the wrong order. I contacted the press and learned that the entire print run was affected. The book has to be reprinted, which is why few copies have made their way into the world yet.

In these pandemic times, it is unclear how quickly the corrected printing will occur, but I hope it will happen right away.

If you are one of the few people who has managed to get hold of a copy already, it should be fine to read--I am not aware of anything wrong with most of the book--but you will probably want to exchange it for a perfect copy once those are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment